Premed 101 Forums

Parking at RGN

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest FrenchyMed

I'm debating whether to drive to school or bus it.

I'm in the Westboro area and I'm pretty sure I won't move before classes start.

I can take any bus and be downtown in 10 min. Then I switch to the 85 and get to RGN in about 15-20 min.

But I'm seriously considering taking my car instead.

Parking is close to $500 for the school year.

I'm wondering if there are alternative parking spaces nearby that would be cheaper.

Anyone have insight?

Guest Tanya24

Hi, my parking pass costed $538 for Sept-Apr and then an additional $70 for the month of May. It gave me daily access to RGN and limited access to main campus (after 4 pm weekdays). Many of my classmates depend on the 85 since it is so handy and stops right in front of RGN every 20 minutes. There is also a shuttle that moves between the Civic-Riverside-Ottawa General (which is attached to RGN). It is free for medical students. Finally, there is our campus shuttle that stops at main campus, St. Paul, and RGN. It is also free and widely used by my classmates. As for free parking around the RGN campus, I have yet to discover any. Since it is a residential area, there isn't much to choose from. Lots of 2 hour parking signs you need to avoid.

• 1 month later...
Guest westerngirl2004

I'm debating whether to get a bus pass or not. I'll be living in one of the riverside apartments. Is there any shuttle bus that stops there?

Guest Tanya24

Dear adwc,

You must apply on-line for a RGN parking pass. If you will be attending UofO med this September, I suggest you apply ASAP because there is limited space. You will be notified via email if you get one, and will be required to pick it up in person from the main campus once classes begin in Sept.

www.uottawa.ca/services/campus-life/

Archived