Premed 101 Forums

Anyone from good waitlist...

Guest westerngirl2004

Guest westerngirl2004

I'm just curious if the waitlist is moving faster than last year. Anyone from the good waitlist still waiting to hear from u of o? Best of luck if you are :)

Cheers,

westerngirl

Guest Ports

Hey Westerngirl, how's it going?

This is the first time I've used this EZ board. I'm on the Ottawa good waitlist (I think...just a waitlist letter with no other comments), and I haven't recieved a call yet. Still waiting and hoping though

Cheers

Guest Gordo58

Im just curious...

Did anybody who sent in their $1000 deposit and acceptance offer email or contact Nicole to see if she recieved it?

Gord

Guest westerngirl2004

Gord,

I sent in my stuff last week, and got added to housing list yesterday, so I assumed nicole got it. maybe I should email and double check since OMSAS, for some reason, hasn't received acceptance from me.

westerngirl

edit: I emailed and got auto message that Denis Vadeboncoeur is on vacation 'til the july 5th.

Guest hector

Hello.

I'm also on the "good" waitlist, and have still not heard anything. I know that the Mac list has been moving slowly over the last couple of days...does anyone know if the Ottawa list is still going?

I'm still hoping against hope that all the spots aren't filled up...

h

Guest westerngirl2004

hector,

it doesn't seem like the ottawa waitlist has been moving much lately around here (probably because people get 2 weeks to decide even if they get accepted off the waitlist). i wish you the best of luck and hope to c you in august :)

cheers,

westerngirl

Guest Ports

Hey guys

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to find out your ranking on the wait list or at least in general where you stand? I have a job offer for september that I can't hold off for too much longer.

I know other people have found out in the past, just not from Ottawa.

Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated

cheers

Guest westerngirl2004

Ports,

I don't think it would hurt to call and just ask (explaining your situation might help). Good luck :)

cheers,

westerngirl

Guest mistah anderson

Unfortunately, Ottawa U. doesn't disclose this information ever. I know that this poses problems for those of you who are faced with alternate plans that have to be made soon... but that's just how it is here.

The best thing to do is to plan as if you are *not* getting accepted and then adjust your plans accordingly if and when you do receive the call.

Guest jeffsimz

I accepted Western's offer today and withdrew my acceptance from Ottawa. Hopefully it will help someone on this board. Good luck to everyone.

Guest Nikhila

hilow,

I'm feeling a bit blue... Was really hoping to get into U of O so as to save myself over $15000 a year. I got into U of T and am ecstatic about it, but I just wrote down an estimate of how much I will spend for my medical education and lifestyle (i.e. tuition plus living expenses) and my stomach dropped. There is nothing more worth it in the world to me and I'm happy to spend the money but I was just wondering: does anyone know if U of O is moving to their bad waitlist? I figure even if they have time has run out for me because my provisional acceptance became firm on July 2. Que cera cera I suppose :\

Nikhila

Hey nikhila

I don't think they have moved to the bad waitlist yet b/c I just got off the good waitlist June 29. Who knows though, hopefully things will work out for you.

Guest Ports

For anyone still waiting there is hope.

I recieved a call today and I was on the good waitlist. Nicole said 2 spots opened up today...so I guess spots slowly become available as people reconsider their offer. Looks like another Western kid is going to Ottawa.

Best of luck

Guest westerngirl2004

Congrats, Ports!!! :rollin

There will be quite a few of us western kids in the class :)

Enjoy the rest of your summer; see you on aug. 30th.

cheers,

westerngirl

Guest niloo8448

I just accepted my offer today:rollin :rollin :rollin

i thought my interview was @#%$, but i guess it wasn't that bad.... for all you others out there, there's still hope.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm not sure if it will make a big difference as I'm on the not-so-hot waitlist, but just in case, today I notified Ottawa that I should be removed from the waitlist. Hopefully, if the waitlist goes that far, it will bring the good news a little more quickly to someone. :)

Also, for anyone else who has accepted another medical school's offer and made up their minds to go to that school, just a wee reminder to let Ottawa know. I read or heard from them at some point (I can't recall where) that they appreciate us to inform them when we make these types of decisions, so they can keep things moving. ;)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived