Premed 101 Forums

I'M IN!!!

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest wassabi101

Congratulations FrenchyMed! You must be in complete disbelief and awe! What a wonderful feeling-- right before your b-day too! :D

See you in sept, and feel free to email me if you have any questions this summer!

Cheers,

wassabi

Guest noncestvrai

Felicitation!

Je suis tellement content pour toi!

Une celebration est de mise, un beau cadeau de fete.

Bravo encore une fois.

noncestvrai

Guest FrenchyMed

Thanks guys!

This feels soooo surreal! 0]

I will indeed have a happy birthday on Thursday!

I think that the one thing that made a difference this year was the mock interview with year 1 Med students wassabi, tappety tap and mista anderson. I owe you one!

Westerngirl - congratulations! I can't wait to meet you in September (or August, I think we start on the 30th).

Merci Danny - on va finalement pouvoir se rencontrer aux medgames (?).

I'm numb and speechless (a first for me :lol ).

Well, I'm now going to start planning my trip to Paris. I'm going back-to-school shopping in style!!! :rollin

Guest Gill0927

Ok, so I've been checking the boards all day because I'm waiting on 4 waitlists, and finally I see that some people heard from Ottawa this morning, and even though I'm sure I didn't, I decided not to have to sit the next 3 hours not really knowing, so I called in to my messages at home. And there was one from this morning from Nicole!!!!!! :rollin I started shaking immediately, but luckily I didn't start crying until I had called her back.

I'm in shock, and I can't get this stupid grin off my face even though there are tears streaming down it.

Congrats to all who have heard, and I'll see you in August!!!!!

Gill :D

Guest mydream88

Congratulations to all :D It's a great feeling, I am so happy for all of you.

are there other waitlists you will now pull off of?

mydream88:)

p.s. way to go!

Guest wassabi101

oh what joy- that's wonderful to hear gill! You'll see- the excitement and tears never really stop. Congrats!

Thanks frenchymed, but really, you got yourself in!

Wishing all the rest of the waitlisters the best of luck...remember, this is only the first day, calls are made all the way until July, perhaps even until September!

Cheers,

wassabi

Guest Gill0927

Thanks to all the well-wishers! I think I'm still in shock.

Mydream, to answer your question, the only waitlist I'm going to pull off of is Queen's. I'm also waitlisted at U of T and Western, but they're my top choices, so I'm going to stay on them. That being said, I'm thrilled to be going to Ottawa (for the time being), and getting into UT or UWO will just be icing on an incredibly delicious cake at this point.

So congrats again to all who have heard, and to all who haven't, believe me, dreams do come true...and don't forget, they'll be calling all summer!

Gill :D

Guest tappety tap

Congrats everyone!!! I still remember what it felt like to hear Nicole's voicemail message! It's undescribable! awesome!!!

See you guys in August! I'm off to Prague for the summer to do an elective and check out Eastern Europe.

hmm class of meds 08 is shaping up...

Guest mydream88

Thanks for the update Gill0927,

I hope you are pulled off those waitlists, who knows ;) , we may be in the same class next year (OT8)!

good luck and congratulations again,

mydream88:)

Guest Aqeel

this is my first time on this message board, found it the other day in a desperate attempt to get info on the waiting list. I got my call from Nicole today, after 4 years of applying and finally receiving an acceptance. The emotions are over flowing.

Guest summerbeach

Hi Everyone,

I also got the call yesterday but wasn't home so I had to wait until today to confirm....but I'm in! I'm still on the waiting list for UWO but will be pulling off UofT's wait list. Maybe I'll see you all in the fall!

Congratulations to everyone so far!

Archived