Premed 101 Forums

interview last year...

Guest notamedic

Guest notamedic

Well people, the papers are in......

I got an interview last year, and I'm wondering if anyone can offer insight into whether I'd get one this year or not

A: 16

NA: 20

My overall average went up slightly, and my last 60 stayed about the same.

Thoughts to add?

Thanks,

NAM

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Given that out-of-province applicants had to meet a cut-off of ~40, I'm assuming you're an in-province applicant? It's really tough to say what the in- or out-of-province applicant cut-offs shall be each year--I believe it depends on the median of the applicant pool. A few years ago, for in-province applicants, this was 34, but I don't know what it may have been last year. Sorry. :\

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Just a minor point: the average of 37 was for all applicants who were offered admission, which included out-of-province applicants, for whom the average would have been higher (at least 40-41). The average for in-province applicants, therefore, could have been lower. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest McCarey007

With a score of 36, I wouldn't worry that much. That's a pretty decent score! Keep in mind that all borderline applicants will have their file reviewed once more before being rejected for an interview. Having said that though, it's a lot of luck....as is the whole entire process of applying.

Guest monksters

Hi There,

I would also like to clarify that 36.5 is the average file review score of those interviewed and not the minimum for those interviewed. This cutoff number would be less than 36.5.. And traditionally, the cutoff depends on the applicant pool. So unless there is a massive influx of more competitive applicants, I don't believe there would be much of a change in the cutoff point. Hope this helps and good luck on your app's

Archived