Premed 101 Forums

Victoria, BC premeds?

Guest Yinner

I am in search of those like minded individuals who take pride in being an eccentric (not nerdy) pre-med student. New to town and want to know people who can debrief on fun topics like MCATS and lame issues like chances of getting in. This whole application process gives me a rash of unknown origin.

Guest thatuvicguy

hi yinner and other vic folk,

what year are you in? program?

i've completed my Bio/ES degree and am filling a year with health-related courses and taking Eng145 (!%&*) next semester since i only did 1 English for my degree. taking Biochem300 at UBC next summer. writing the MCAT in April...anybody wanna study? :D i'll be starting after x-mas. i'm planning to apply to UBC and McMaster next fall.

maybe if anyone's interested we could informally gather for a pint at the Grad Lounge one afternoon? of course tis midterm season but just a thought anyways:)

thatuvicguy

In third year of Nursing and taking organic chem by distance education. Moved here recently as of June 2003. Applied to McMasters this year but the chances are null. I would love to make a pre-med group that can relate to one another. I dunno what officially happening to the UVIC pre-med group. Just name a time and place, preferably soon.

Guest thatuvicguy

hi yinner and other UVic folk,

how does this Friday (Oct 3) around 3pm at the Grad Lounge sound?

in cyber space it can be hard to tell how many are silently here with us - let this be an invitation to all UVic pre-med types interested in meeting other campus hopefuls and shooting the shiz on getting into med school and all it entails.

by no means is this intended to be a new "UVic Premed Club"...just an informal gathering! maybe someone will have the scoop on the club by then.

if there's a time conflict, post it and we can figure out a better time.

cheers,

thatuvicguy

Can we meet either Saturday or later Friday night? I have practicuum until 1900 . I dont know if it will be me and you, but hey, two minds are better than one. And how do I get to the meeting place, I am new to town.

Guest Ian Wong

Heya,

I deleted the duplicate message in the General Premed forum... Please only post one message, and place it in the forum you think best fits the content of your message (which isn't necessarily the one that draws the most traffic). Otherwise, thing's will get cluttered up really quickly if everyone else started doing that. Thanks! :)

Ian

Guest thatuvicguy

hi yinner,

i have sent you a private message through your EZboard account. it includes my email address. i figure we can arrange a meeting time between us and spare readers the complex calculus of schedule coordinating ;)

once decided, we can post the time here incase any other uvic folk are keen to hook up.

cheers,

thatuvicguy

Archived