Premed 101 Forums

Is anyone applying to US schools for 2006 session?

Guest griddlerock

Guest hesam7

Yes, I've started on AMCAS applications. But I still haven't decided which schools I should apply to. Obviously, the first criteria is whether they accept Canadian students. I'm not sure how I should narrow it down. Any ideas?

Guest Madz25

Yes, I submitted my AMCAS application a few weeks ago and have started submitting secondary applications.

hesam7, I started with the thread in this forum that lists American schools where Canadians have been interviewed. I used MSAR to narrow it from there.

Madz

Guest Madz25

I used GPA/MCAT mostly to see if my scores would be competitive. I looked at the # of in-state vs. out of state students accepted. I also looked at the # of international students accepted in case certain schools consider Canadian students as international (which I doubt, Canadians are probably considered as out of state).

I chose a few schools where my scores are above the average of admitted, some schools where my scores will be competitive, and some *oh i'd love to go there fingers crossed* schools.

Madz

Guest arachniphobic730

i'm also applying this year...this personal statement essay is absolutely killing me...i am hoping to get my application submitted by mid-september......

i have a tentative list of about 9-10 schools i might apply to..how many are you guys applying to?

-arach

Guest Madz25

I applied to 17 schools. Yes, I know thats A LOT! I originally had 15 schools picked but then threw in harvard and yale just before I submitted the application. I doubt I'll finish all the secondaries though. I've only submitted 3 secondaries so far.

arachniphobic730 - yes the essay is difficult to do. Have u taken a look at "essays that will get you into medical school" (forgot the author's name)?? You don't need to buy the book, I got a copy from the public library. There are also many websites that are helpful in terms of providing guidance.

Madz

Archived