Premed 101 Forums

Question to moo

Guest iownhonda

Guest iownhonda

Hey moo,

When you were studying in the states, have you ever felt lonely or even been home sick? How do the environment of U.S. compare to Canada? I am asking this because I am kind of interested in studying down there.

Thanks

Yeah, I think everyone kinda gets homesick when they are away from home. After living in BC for 22 years, however, I felt it was really time for me to get out of Vancouver and try to live on my own for a bit.

The environment of the US isn't really that different from BC. Maybe less mountainous and more climate extremes but I think I would've gotten that had I gone to other parts of Canada as well.

People in America tend to be more open than people in Canada. I've been made to feel at home here, so it makes studying away from home a bit easier. I've had a great three years in Chicago, and don't regret anything I've done... I feel I really needed to get away but after four years I think I'm ready to come back home; I'm an only child and my parents aren't getting any younger. It's kind of ironic though now that I am probably coming home that a lot of my friends are moving away... one of my friends is going to Arkansas, another to Ottawa, two of my friends are going back to China. Although I don't think I'd actually do it, as my parents really don't wanna go back, I think I'd want to maybe try to work back in Asia as well.

Anyway, good luck with your decision. Hope things work out for you.

Guest iownhonda

Thanks moo for the reply. I always had an impression that American people were mean and cruel. I guess I was wrong. Anywho, I hope that everything works out for you.

No quite the contrary. I've found Americans to be way more open and civil than the general feeling I get in Canada. Don't let people's opinion about politics cloud your opinion of the American people.

Archived