Premed 101 Forums

English Prerequisite

Guest s sadry

Guest s sadry

hello,

i'm trying to fulfill the english prerequisite this summer..

do you know if most schools are looking for 1 year of english, no matter how its derived...or specifically, 1 year of FIRST YEAR ENGLISH. is it expository writing or literature?

my plan was to take a 100 level half course in effective writing this summer, and then a 200 level half course in literature next summer. does anyone know if this would be suitable for most schools?

i figure this way, i would have the expository and literature covered...i'm not sure though if it is "FIRST YEAR ENGLISH" they are looking for or "1 YEAR OF ENGLISH". i don't want taking a 200 level half credit to be an issue.

thanks.

Guest s sadry

okay. has anyone had an experience where their english credit has not been recognized for some reason ?? (eg: not 1 full year literature, or expository, or 1 half credit in 1st yera course, 2nd half credit in 2nd year course etc. etc.)

Guest blinknoodle

I can't remember if it is Manitobe or Saskatchewan, but one of those is a stickler for having an English literature class (assuming you want to keep Canadian schools an option). But I doubt the level of the course matters.

I don't think it would be an issue even if it's a 200 level course. I took a half year writing course and half a year of literature. I didn't have a problem with any school in the US.

Archived