Premed 101 Forums

starting

Guest confused555

Guest confused555

Hi,

A couple of questions regarding US Applications:

I've searched many places on the web to look for a definitve timeline. I found that the deadline is in November, but how early can we start handing them in?

Also, do most schools require a personal essay?

Thanks!

Guest sajani

Hey confused555,

The application has already been posted on AMCAS/AAMC. The earliest date possible to hand it in (I believe) is June 1st.

Guest studentz

You have to submit a personal statement with the initial AMCAS application. This is sent to every school.

You will in turn ave to complete secondary applications for most if not all schools. The content of these varies from supplying your contact info again to writing several more essays. About the only thing that is constant with the secondaries is that you must send money with them.

Your application will not be complete without the secondaries, and some have recommended timelines e.g. a strong recommendation that they be completed within 2 weeks or something. You will also submit letters of reference (varying #s) to each school, at the time of the secondary. Your best bet is to use referencenow.com as an online folder for your documents.

Archived