Premed 101 Forums

Wayne State..... I'm seriously considering.

Guest Gexar

Guest Gexar

Hi everyone.

I am writing the MCAT this August and am highly considering this school. My GPA for my previous two years of Undergraduate Studies at UofT are 3.88 and 3.94 respectively.

Assuming I do very well on the MCAT (35 or better), would I stand good chance of getting into Wayne State. I am a Canadian Citizen and lived here all my life.

Anyone who can help is appreciated.

Yes, you should be able to get into WSU. They have a lot of Canadians there, according to a friend of mine who goes there... something like 20-30 per class.

Guest Gexar

Hi Moo.

Are these grades competitive enough to stand a VERY GOOD chance of getting into WSU? What I'm trying to say is, how likely are marks like the ones I have likely to get me into Wayne State?

I understand there are other factors like the interview, references etc.... but how likely am I to get in with those marks?

Thanks Moo

Yes you will be competitive at many US and Canadian schools with those stats. I can't tell you you'll get in for sure but you stand a good chance at getting in somewhere. Good luck.

Guest Gexar

Hi rads.

I have many family members who are US citizens who live in the Detroit area. My grandfather also headed the emergency department there in the 1950's for 5 years. Would I stand a very good chance of getting in with my marks?

Guest rads

With a 35+ and your GPA, you'd have a great chance of getting into a lot of the top quartile programs (read my other thread about getting into Harvard).

I would say, if detroit is where you want to be, then definitely check out UMich-Ann Arbor. That school rocks and is only a 45-min drive to detroit.

Archived