Premed 101 Forums

any luck with the forms?

Guest mosquitoba

Guest mosquitoba

hey fellow incoming med 1's!

has anybody completed the new forms beth sent last week? as far as i understand it, we just have to get a criminal record check done - i assume the RCMP will send it to your address and then you just attach it to your CPSM forms and bring the whole thing to O-week? i have to admit i'm pretty incompetent at filling out forms, and i'm just wondering if there's anything i'm missing. :)

thanks

mosquitoba

Guest westsimba

I'm a bit confused with the forms myself. Beth told me that I could probably just do them during orientation - both CPSM and police check forms. It's probably better to do them right the first time rather than having to fill out another stack of papers again! I think I'll wait till orientation just to be safe.

Guest Mooshme

Heya everyone, in respect to the immunizations is anyone holding off on the Mantoux test part II? I've recently had the first part but was informed that the Med II's will be giving us the test regardless... which will save us *some* cash (I've paid 70$ so far...) Other than the criminal record check I'm holding off on all the forms until o-week. As always, any input is greatly appreciated.

Guest mosquitoba

it seems i'm not alone :)

i got the police record check done yesterday, and have scheduled an appointment with my doc to get the 3rd twinrix dose. other than that i think i have all my immunizations and have just scheduled some bloodwork to check that out. re: the mantoux test, i haven't even started that. i'm going to phone beth/christie today to see if that needs to be done before school starts - i'm going away in august and it doesn't look like i'll have time to get it done before i leave.

mooshme- do you know if the the med II's going to be giving us all parts of the Mantoux test?

i'll post back here if i get any helpful info from the office!

cheers,

mosquitoba

I was under the impression that after the first mantaux test, you had to return within 7-10 days for mantaux II? I could be mistaken. I went for the criminal record check today at the public safety building, they said that it will be ready on August 15 and then factor in a couple of days to mail it to your house, so I wouldn't get it until August 17th. If anyone hasn't done so already, I would suggest getting that criminal record check done soon.

Guest mosquitoba

hey guys

i called beth to see about the mantoux testing, and she is away on vacation. christie is also away, and the receptionist i spoke with wasn't sure about the details for the testing. she said christie will be back next week. does anyone know if the immunizations need to be completed before school starts? i think i remember reading somewhere that you have to give evidence that you have STARTED them... any med II's with helpful advice out there?

thanks

mosquitoba

Guest Longyue

For the criminal record check, does it have to be done in Winnipeg? Since I am living in BC right now, I'm wondering if the check can be done here? If not, could someone provide me the address where I should forward the forms.

Thanks

I believe since Hep. B is a three stage, 6 month immunization, you just have to prove that you started the first dose. It might say that on the page that has each immunization's description. You should at least have all the others done by orientation I would assume, but the forms are fairly confusing. Beth is returning on August 8th, as I tried to contact her yesterday.

Archived