Premed 101 Forums

Wireless!

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

A couple of questions for current medical students: 1) is there much time in the day for students to check e-mails, etc.? 2) Do many students bring laptops to class to add notes, etc.?

For those of you who may not know, and who enjoy wireless networking, I just had a look around the UofC websites and found the following page outlining the wireless hotspots on campus:

www.ucalgary.ca/ucs/netserv/wireless/#assist

I was very pleased to see that the Health Sciences Centre Mall is wireless-enabled. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest arar

On this note, I've also been looking into PDA's, but don't want to buy anything until I find out whether Calgary is providing the Palm's to its students again this year. Does anyone know anything about this? I remember a med student from the interview weekend who was able to check her email from her Palm using the wireless network.

Thanks!

arar

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I second arar's question. It would be great to know if we are receiving PDAs, and what model those may be. One of those Palm Treos, with wireless e-mail and telephone capabilities would be great. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I've just heard from Admissions that the 2007's shall be receiving Palm Tungsten Cs this year. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest arar

Nice! Those look nice - I'm excited!!

Thanks for the info, Kirsteen! See you in a couple of weeks (eep - so soon!!) :)

arar

Archived