Premed 101 Forums

Parking at the Health Sciences Centre

Guest Spicy Aam

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if any one knows how it works for parking if you're a medical student. Is there a lot where you can park? I called the parking office, but they were unsure about medical students, so I thought I'd try the forum. Thanks!!

Spicy

Guest Dafunk

Hey,

Parking at the Foothills is a bit of a problem. You can get an immediate pass for parking, but its off site, and you'll have to take the shuttle bus in, which runs every 15 min. The lot is about a 5min drive away. Waiting for a closer parking spot can take upto 2 years, which by that time you'll have free parking because you'll have your clerkship pass.

You could also park at the patient parking spot for $10 a day, but the cost is impractical. Its probably best to park at McMahon stadium, from which you can walk to the hospital in 5 min. Its cheaper that way, and your almost guaranteed parking.

I do know of somepeople who got parking spots in a few months time, but they charge you tons of money for those passes.

Its best if you call the Parking office again, but tell them your working at the Health Science building. They'll organize everything for you then. As far as I know, there are no discounted prices for student parking in comparison to Employee parking at the Foothills/Health Science Building.

Dafunk

Guest Lorae

Two questions:

- how much is the parking pass (off-site)?? and is the shuttle bus a reliable option

-do clerks get free parking right at the foothills??

Archived