Premed 101 Forums

Calgary countdown?

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Is anyone else thinking about Adele's upcoming calls? :) Last year she began calling folks sometime around May 10th, which is a scant seven days away. Ayeeee!

Good luck everyone,

Kirsteen

Guest walkorbike

Hi, Kirsteen,

Hmm....I wonder about the date. As I am sure you have noticed, the UCal FAQ says clearly that offers are mailed on May 15th. Also, the ACMC handbook says the same:

ACMC admissions handbook: UCAl is on page 43!

I am not familiar with how Calgary makes offers: do the nice phone calls from Ms. Meyers come before the letters? Anyway, best of luck to you and all,

walkorbike

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Yep, the official word, i.e., that on the Calgary website, states May 15th. However, last year Adele began making calls to folks hanging about here on May 10th. (Yes, Calgary is one of the few schools to actually make telephone offers to their applicants prior to mailing the fat packages.)

It would be great if the calls could emerge on the week of May 10th. If I'm fortunate enough to receive one, at least I'll be around to receive it personally, as the week following I'm heading home to the family in Glasgow. Either way though (May 10th or 15th), it's not too much longer to wait. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest walkorbike

Hi,

That phone call first does sound very humane (if one is fortunate enough to get it!). Good luck and have a great trip.

walkorbike

Guest Phil667

Yes, but at the same time they can torture you.

If you aren't one of the lucky ones (like I was last year) then you will jump every time the phone rings, just hoping that you hear Adele on the other end. But it turns out being a tele-marketer or your sister's friend. That part of it is very un-humane...

Guest walkorbike

Hi, Phil667,

I am sure that you are right. As you discovered last year, waiting for the phone to ring is an extremely head-trippy part of the process. Anyway, thanks for your note.

walkorbike

Guest marbledust

The "official" date is May 15 but they usually start calling a few days early, or at least that is what has happened the past two or three years. I heard before the 15th last year and upon investigation (ie questioning other people who also recieved calls) I think I was one of the last people called. I think some people heard as early as May 10th or 11th last year.

Good luck everybody! I recall phoning my voicemail what seemed like 100 times a day in case they called while I was working :)

Guest Jerika81

They don't phone everyone though. Unless I just never got the message....because I just got a letter in the mail around May 12 or 13th last year. Good luck everyone!

Guest marbledust

Really you never got a call? I thought they called everybody. lol...I wonder how they decide who gets a phone call? I recieved the phone call on the 13th or 14th and didn't get a letter until 7-8 days later - which had me paranoid and wondering if they recinded the phone offer :)

What kind of a screwy system is U of C running? :lol

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I spoke with the Admissions folks yesterday. They said that the May 15th date is the official date when notifications should appear. They also said that they do like to begin the phone calls earlier than May 15th where possible, but just in case any glitches appear that would delay the early call attempts, they like to publish the May 15th date as a default. In short, it's possible that we may begin to hear from Calgary next week. :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest bridge

When Adele is involved, never rule out the possibility of hearing on a Saturday:b ...that woman works all the time.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Great point, bridge. :) Adele was calling with interview notifications on Saturdays this year too. Has she called people with acceptance news on Saturdays past, too?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest marbledust

Yes people have recieved calls on weekends in the past, although I can't confirm it was Adele that actually did the calling.

Bridge is right - she never stops and is always on the go :)

Guest Huffer

I didn't receive a call either.

I was out of the province biking my way to the east coast at this time last year so it's very possible I got a call and my parents just didn't give me the message but as far as I know I only received paper notification as well.

It was pretty sweet though...I called my parents to let them know we made it out to Halifax on May 16 and they beat my news with the fact that the letter had arrived that morning.

Good luck everybody!

Archived