Premed 101 Forums

Housing In Kingston

Guest scrubbed

Guest scrubbed

Hey there,

Though this is a bit early in the ballgame, as the Class of 2009 is yet to be named, I'd like to solicit any opinions that I can about Homestead Properties or other housing in Kingston.

www.homestead.on.ca/kings...ngston.htm

I've read that some of the students live in them. A definite advantage is that they are so close to the Queen's campus.

I'm from out west and thus won't be able to view properties in Kingston before potentially heading out east, so I appreciate the fact the Homestead has floor plans.

I enjoyed my time in Kingston and enjoyed my interview, and I hope that Queen's gives me a spot.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Guest JC15

Hi,

I currently live in a Homestead building. I am also from out west, and I can appreciate you not wanting to come out early to search for a place. I can say that all the Homestead buildings on Ontario Street are really nice, safe, and close to campus. They are a bit more pricey than some of the other housing options, but in my opinion, it´s worth the money. A 2 bedroom apartment is actually pretty reasonable, so if you can find a housemate, it´s a pretty good deal. Good luck!

Guest Squint2

I am from the west and also live in a Homestead building. I would highly recommend them. A significant issue in Kingston is housing and unscrupulous landlords. Homestead is a professionally run operation where things get fixed. There is a lot of old run down housing close to campus and the landlords have no intention of maintaining the houses. You won't have any of those issues with Homestead.

• 1 year later...

Archived