Premed 101 Forums

Undergraduate Labs at Queens

Guest Alastriss

Guest Alastriss

Hi

A lot of people have told me that taking lab courses will usually drop your gpa significantly because it is really difficult to get a very good mark in them. Is this true? any comments specifically about the labs and lab courses? DO you have to take lab courses or can you choose more theory based and less 'hands on' courses?

Guest 007

Hey,

For the courses I mentioned in the post on Queen's Undergrad Life Science, you have to take the labs and the courses are the mandatory ones for Queen's Life Sci. Most of my friends find that the labs (with the exception of first year bio perhaps) actually bring their marks up. However, I find that the people who get 60's on their labs tend to get 60's on their exams and the people who get 80's or 90's on their labs get 80's or 90's on their exams too...

Hope this helps!

Guest 007

For other programs of study at Queen's, there is more flexibility in terms of course options after 1st year and therefore more ability to choose non-lab courses. Biochemistry students have more labs than life sci's...biology students have fewer...

• 2 years later...

Archived