Premed 101 Forums

interview experience

Guest pierre

Guest pierre

Hey guys,

I have to say my interview was far from being great. All three people who interviewed me seemed to be sleeping or extremely bored (the interview was at 1 pm). The questions were standart but I had a feeling they were just counting minutes to get out from the room. Most of the time I was wondering if they are actually listening... Neither the student nor the faculty member knew anything about the rural medicine program when I asked them, which made me look bad for exposing something they had no idea about. Furthermore, they asked me about the places I have visited and about the culture of those places and it seems to me that they did not appreciate the fact that I travelled so much (maybe they thought I was a rich kid with nothing to do ?). Overall, I definitely feel I did not get a chance to present true myself. Did anyone experience something like that ?

Guest WorriedMD2BE

I know what you're speaking about. Sometimes it's like that, but don't worry. I've heard of stories where people have had terrible interviews and actually ended being highly recommended.

Guest pierre

I hope so !! Thanks for reassuring words..Just everyone appeared to enjoy the interviews at Queen's and my was the very opposite experience..time will tell...

• 4 years later...

Archived