Premed 101 Forums

Info about Queens Med

Guest hulahulahula

Guest hulahulahula

Hello all! I am also having trouble finding information about the Queen's Med program, in terms of what some highlights about the school and the med program are, and why I might want to go to this med school. Could someone point me to some sites or perhaps write out some brief points about Queen's med? I'm also from Alberta, which means I don't know anything about Ontario health care -- is this something that I should research before my interview? Any other pointers about the interview process?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Here is the link for the Queen's Medicine calendar.

meds.queensu.ca/medicine/...lendar.pdf

There is some info about curriculum, history of the school, faculty, etc. that you may want to look at. Also, if you go to Meds 2005 website which is linked at the top of the page you can search from there. Go to our links and that provides you with the faculty website, meds society website and much more.

I also am an OPP and didn't do any research of the Ontario Health system. I knew some general things about Canadian Health Care and then could relate this back to BC. Since you're from Alberta and it is a source of change when it comes to Health Care, it would be good to know about your own system.

If you want to know a little more about Kingston, try looking on the Kingston Whig Standard (newspaper) website to get an idea of what's going on here.

Good luck!

• 4 years later...

Archived