Premed 101 Forums

2001 Application Cut-Offs

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi all,

I just gave Queen's a quick shout to find out if the cut-offs had yet been prescribed for this year's applicant pool. In short, nope, they haven't yet; although they are expecting to have them set by the end of this month.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

From what I heard, their cutoffs are set so that they only have to interview about 400 students. First the GPA cutoff splits the applicant pool in half, and those who make that are reduced down to 400 by the MCAT requirements. So it depends on the group of people applying this year... But I think the 10 in verbal/30 total has been around for at least a couple of years, and it seems that most of the time the requirements go up rather than down. *sigh*

Guest Sarah371

Hey Guys,

Traditionally Queen's has used either your two best years or your full four years of undergrad. Special consideration is used for those who have graduate degrees. The nice thing is that after you have been selected for interview your marks are no longer used in the decision process. Therefore interviewees are ranked based on their interviews and personal submissions only.

• 4 years later...

Archived