Premed 101 Forums

waiting....

Guest queens hopeful

Guest queens hopeful

does anyone know if the waiting list has started moving yet? The waiting is killing me.....

does queens put many people on the waiting list?

Guest Guest

The waiting list has started moving. I just got a call today (June 27). I heard of one person who got a call early last week. I'd make sure that they can reach you at your contact number easily (or at least be able to leave a message).

Good Luck!!!

Guest Clairisa

A friend of mine was accepted last week.... their acceptance off of the waitlist came by phone.

So I guess the list is on the move! I am so excited for my friend... I don't know how I will contain myself when it is my turn!!!!

Clairisa :b

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if there is still any activity going on with the queens waiting list? Is the class already full? And what about the proposed increase in the number of seats...I am crossing my fingers for this to happen

Guest Heywood

I got a call at 10:00 am last Thursday (the 5th). Their list isn't as long as Western's so your odds are better. Plus there's the enrollment increase which will hopefully be pulled out of a hat (at the last possible minute of course).

Stay hopeful....

Guest Ian Wong

Hi Heywood,

Congrats on your acceptance! :hat This must be a big load off your mind. :)

I figured I'd do my little solicitation request here as well, and would like for you to email me at your convenience. I've got a project for which I'd like your help. mdpremie@yahoo.com

Enjoy the summer!

Ian

UBC, Med 3

hey guys,

i had just about lost all hope ....but I got the call at work today....I am so happy, I can't believe this

it's like a huge load off me

i think i am going to cry

Guest Ian Wong

Congrats man. :) I'm thinking of a Simpson's episode, where some girl picks up Bart. Bart thinks to himself, "Well, there's only one thing to do in this situation........STRUT!" <as the BeeGee's Stayin' Alive song comes on> :hat

It's an awesome feeling, and one that makes all those years of work worth it. Hope you're celebrating tonight!

Ian

UBC, Med 3

I talked to Anne Cumpson on the 18th. She said the class is currently full but they are waiting to hear about ten new slots. She also told me that 12 people are left on the list. So it looks like we all still have reason to hope.

Guest anon2

Anon, that got accepted on the 19th, do you know if you got one of the new slots? I only ask as I want to know if I am one of the two person difference on the previos post.

i was accepted off the waiting list but to fill the class not as a part of the proposed new seats

10 more seats :) that's so awesome for everyone that is still waiting

good luck everyone and hope to see you in kingston in september

Hi Everyone,

I'm just going nuts waiting to hear! I'm wondering if Queen's is really going to get 10 spots? I sure hope so! With only 12 people left on the wait list maybe we all have a good chance. All of this is so stressful! Does anyone know when we'll find out if the new spots come through?

Good luck to everyone still waiting and I hope to see you all in August!

kels

Queens just called and my husband was accepted! I'm so proud of him!! Yikes! We better start packing!

Good job Honey

I love you!

M

Ps Any other spouses out there freaking out?

I just received an admission offer this morning. I don't know if this means the new seats have opened or someone just changed their mind.

I want to thank the moderators and the people who have posted here.Being able to hear from others in the same boat as me and getting access to what little info that trickled out about the wait list ect. helped me come through this at least 1/4 sane

Guest strider2004

Mich, Congratulations to your husband.

Jm, congratulations on your own acceptance! This forum is great because I get to interact with students before they actually arrive. We'll try to make your orientation as painful...er..inviting as possible. :P If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Alex

Guest Ian Wong

Hi everybody,

Congrats to the recent acceptees! It must be such a relief to finally get that invite. :hat

Naturally, you know that this means that you now have to e-mail me. :) I'm working on a project for which I'd really like your help. Please contact me when it's convenient for you. mdpremie@yahoo.com

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 4 years later...

Archived