Premed 101 Forums

*What's happening in Queens?

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Suzie

Date:***2/16/2001 12:24 am*PST

Haven't heard a thing from this school yet and I'm in BC. Anyone heard of any activity going on there? I know that some interviews were mailed. How about rejections? Do they do it in batches? Anyone with any insights?

thanks,

suz

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Kirsteen, Can MBA

Date:***2/19/2001 6:24 am*PST

Hello,

I have not yet heard anyone having received a Queen's rejection letter (nor have I received one myself).

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Jase

Date:***2/19/2001 6:51 pm*PST

I have had friends who have already received the Queen's rejection.

It is simply not making the cutoffs.

Guest Ian Wong

Date:***2/20/2001 6:28 am*PST

Hi Jase,

May I ask, how long ago did your pals receive the rejection letters? I wonder if Queen's are, at all, lenient with respect to their MCAT cut-offs, i.e., if you've slipped up by one point (as one writer admitted here: 9 on VR) that they'd overlook it in favour of the strength of the remainder of your application?

Thanks for the Queen's Meds 2004 website address. Any idea as to which weekend(s) they are referring to for the interviews? Does Queen's interview only over the course of one weekend, or is it multiple weekends?

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Jase

Date:***2/20/2001 7:23 am*PST

I believe the rejections were received soon after the invites were sent. Of course, I am not sure if they did ALL of the rejections/invitations in the same batch since they may want to stagger the interviews so as to adjust for changes in people's schedules. Your best choice is to probably phone up the admissions dept. Their number is 613-533-2542.

Concerning the MCAT cutoffs, what I have been told is that these cutoffs are very stringent (ie. they will not look at your application further if you didn't make the scores).

I believe the interviews are over several weekends. Unlike UBC (!), I don't believe they do it on weekdays. :)

Good luck

Guest Ian Wong

Date:***2/22/2001 10:35 am*PST

Hello,

I just spoke to the Admissions Office at Queen's and they state that they have already mailed all of the interview invitations that they are sending for this year. Apparently the majority of these letters were mailed in early January (she believed). They also stated that no rejection letters have yet been sent, and that interviews begin next weekend.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Archived