Premed 101 Forums

McGill

Guest say ahh

Guest say ahh

Hi All, I heard a rumor that McGill is heavily weighted towards the interview. I've even heard applicants say that they were told that once you are selected for an interview, you are on a level playing field with all the interviewees. (I've heard this from a couple OOP applicants). Can anyone confirm this? Thanks so much.

Guest dentforsure

yes...interview is everything at McGill, cuz my gpa is not spectacular...yet ppl with higher gpa and i mean way higher gpa are ranked lower than me.

Guest allycat03

Hey Dent,

I wanted to let you know that the in province list moved by one because I got in (the last Quebec med schools released their decision). This came after Patricia had told me that most in-province students accept their places and that my chances were slim. Hang in there!

Guest allycat03

Hey Dent,

No I haven't yet because I can't remember my Mcgill pin, plus when I was a little girl I always dreamed of going to Mcgill in ANY program (didn't happen) so I'm savoring it a little.

By the way, there was a really long delay between Patricia calling me and when the last med schools released their decisions (they came out on May 20th) and she only called me on June 2. So HANG in there! I know Ontario Med schools just came out, so some might drop. I'm rooting for you!

Archived