Premed 101 Forums

My non-trad debut

Hey guys,

Though I have been a non-traditional reader for the last year or so, I am now officially inducting myself into the community, as I have just hit the big ol 2-5 a week ago :o

Also, after some soul searching (which will continue into the next year) I have decided to continue on a 4th application cycle (albeit a lighter one).

After my first year of application netted no interview, my second - one interview and a very close call on the waitlist, and my third an interview followed by rejection, I had some doubts about my path for this year. After dragging my undergrad degree out for 6 years, I am finally moving forward to a 1-year masters in England, and was very unsure if I wanted to continue applications this year, but have decide to throw my hat in for 3 schools (prob UofC, UofS, and a new one for me, Dal).

Just trying to get psyched up to stay the course for another year - after all, the longer I can bear doing this, the more certain I am that it must be for me! :)

Looking forward to another year of excitement, worry, heartbreak, and maybe, just maybe, life altering joy... with everybody here. ;)

I think that if you don't apply, you obviously won't get in. Applying can't really harm you, although, you gotta brace yourself for results, eitherway. However, by applying, you probably won't regret it later, asking yourself, should i have tried ? I met this guy during my interview rounds, it was his 7th time applying. Every single time he made it to the interview - but then was rejected. He just kept trotting away, and continued. That's crazy determined! Good luck with your masters in England - that's definitely quite an experience - and good luck with your 4th round of apps!

CY

Archived