Premed 101 Forums

can anyone explain this to me?

Hi, it's my first time applying for med school, and I just finished my second year in Science at UW.

I went to Saskatchewan medschool website, and one of the academic requirement was

1. Admission to the Arts and Science pre-medical program, i.e. graduation from Division IV (Secondary School) in Saskatchewan with credit in English A30 & B30, Math B30 and C30 (or Algebra 30 and Geo-Trig 30), Biology 30, Chemistry 30 and Physics 30. University admission average: minimum of 70%.

What does this mean? do I have to graduate Saskachewan highschool to be accepted? I might be asking really stupid question, but please be generous:)

Thanks

Nope, you don't have to graduate from a Sask. highschool. I don't even know why they put that in there its stupid. They really don't care what you did in high school. I know people that didn't take a day of high school chem. and still got into med (got special permission to take university chem, did well in it therefore showing why what you did in high school doesn't really matter other than getting you into university and for scholarships).

Hope this helps.

Archived