Premed 101 Forums

Where to take classes???

Guest BerkeleyLaw

Guest BerkeleyLaw

Where to take classes???

I will be relocating to Ontario this fall from the U.S. (immigrating). And I am absolutely clueless where to take my pre-reqs. I am looking to pick up Gen Chem and Physics. I realize that there are major universities where I can take the classes. But are there other options like community colleges or other post-graduate programs that are better suited for a mature applicant with kids? I will be moving either to Toronto or Windsor. Sorry for such a basic question and thanks in advance.

Guest aneliz

If you are looking to pick up pre-reqs for medical school you will have to do them at a major university. In Canada, a community college is not the same level of study as a university and the courses are not transferable to a university (for either credit towards a degree or for pre-reqs for med school).

I would suggest that you look at either the University of Windsor, University of Toronto or York University.

Other possibilities include doing a distance ed course from a non-Windsor or Toronto school. Options include Athabasca, an entirely distance ed school, or any of the other universities.

Guest BerkeleyLaw

Aneliz, thanks for your reply. I shouldn't have assumed that the ed. system is identical to the U.S (and I am not even American :lol ).

Archived