Premed 101 Forums

Do I qualify to apply to university of ottawa?

Hi guys,

I've just started 1st year master degree and thinking about reapplying to med.

Last year i was in my 4th yr in biochm @ U of O, applied for med, got an interview.. but didnt get an offer of admission (my WGPA was 3.80)

This year if I wanna reapply, the WGPA of last 3 years is 3.7.

My question is.. do I have a chance with the 3.7 WGPA?? and to which pool I would be placed during the admission process.. undergrads or grads (as I heared that the grad pool require a much lower WGPA)

Thanks alot guys in advance!

hey man I noticed you posted your question on the 24th, to which noone replied, and again on the 28th which noone replied.

A few questions I have for you. . .

1) Are you doing your 1 year master's in Ottawa? If the answer is yes, do apply!!! You will be an Ottawa resident, and the cutoff for that pool is 3.6ish. So even though your 4th year undergrad brought down your WGPA, you will make still make the GPA as an Ottawa resident. And if they liked your sketch last year, I'm sure they'll like it even better this year (you being a master's student).

2) Does your name thegamez=tripleH??? (hunter hearst helmsey???). If you don't understand the question, it's cool.

Hey there,

I am not sure if Ottawa requires that you be done your grad work to be considered in the grad pool. So the only option you may have until it is complete is the undergrad pool. And if you meet the undergrad wGPA cut-off you automatically go that stream regardless of whether you completed a grad degree or not. You should ask the school to be sure.

I suspect that since you only started your grad degree it would be challenging to demonstrate productivity by the application deadline (ie publications, poster/conference presentations etc...) though.

But if you are applying as an Ottawa resident and you meet the cut-off why not just try!

Sats

Archived