Premed 101 Forums

A question for applicants from a Kinesiology/Phys.Ed. program

I've been wondering whether I should or need to enter practicum courses (pass/fail activitiy courses which are a program requirement) that I took at York U. Kine program into the OMSAS application. I currently have them entered as pass/fail courses in OMSAS but they appear as academic courses (and obviously they're not). I'm afraid entering them would cause confusion for admission committees. The reason I want to put them in is because my course load for one of my 2 best years is 4.5 and am hoping to have practicum courses counted towards full-course requirement (basically for UWO; see below).

If any former or current applicant with similar situation can shed light on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I asked UWO admissions whether they would accept these KINE practicum courses as part of full-course load requirement. Their answer was that they "probably" would allow you to use several practicum courses as a half-year course to fulfil the course load requirement but only at their discretion.

Archived