Premed 101 Forums

Changing Roles over the years--how to list in sketch?

What if you were a general member for the first year, but then turned into an executive the second year? It seems misleading to put, "Executive of ___ Club" in the description as they'd assume you were an executive for the two years, but it seems like padding if you put one entry for general member for one year and another entry for executive for the next year. There just isn't enough room to put, "2004 Member, 2005 Exeuctive of "

Thanks!

I sort of want to find out the same thing. I have been volunteering at Toronto General Hospital for a bit more than two years. In the process, I have volunteered in 4 different areas of the hospital.

I just listed it as one entry ("Toronto General Hospital volunteer - ER, CVICU"). But I don't have enough space to list the other areas (Pulmonary Function Lab, Occupational Support).

i've had a couple of volunteering opportunities where i was a volunteer, but then i got onto the executive of the U of T chapter of the organization.

being on the executive is a completely different experience from being a volunteer. for example, as an executive member, i mostly deal wiht the concerns of volunteers and recruitment issues. i wouldn't call this volunteering at all, its an extra-curricular. does anyone else feel this way?

should i separate them?

I guess if you really wanted to put them together you could write something like:

"Pottery Club: president, secretary, or general member"

And just put a date for all of them. If they're interested in asking you about the specific details of each role or the length of each role, they can do so in the interview.

Archived