Premed 101 Forums

Should I call UofT? or just accept the fact..

Guest AKangaroo

Guest AKangaroo

Hi, with all of your help,

now I am thinking of going to UofT.

However, I have one doubt about my scholarship offer.

I dont know if my average is high enough to satisfy one of the university's admission award.

I received a scholarship offer from Trinity College, but none from the university itself.

I have English 90, Calculus 100, Geometry 97, International Business 96, Chemistry 95 and others were not counted for my offer of admission, since it was early offer.

I have an ESL credit that is gr 12 with mark of 85. would it have been counted? then, it is really unfair...

I got this semester physics 100, accounting 96, world issues 85... so, my average could have been (with 6 best containing prerequisite for Chemistry): 96.5...

So, should I call UofT about it? or just accept this..

I am getting only 2000 first year and 1000 each for years following.. I thought I should have gotten more.. Am I being too confident? =_='

I am just asking you... If scholarship offer to undergraduate program at UofT was so small for you too.? I am very disappointed that I am getting only this... since I saw many geting 6000 to UofT last year with similar avg as me...

So, Please hELP!!!

Guest joonboy

Hi.

You can always call their Admissions and Awards for more personal information. They have counselors to help incoming students with awards. I actually talked to them a few hours ago and I think it is the best way to solve any problems or questions:D

Guest Shakespearean Fool

u of t is pretty cheap when it comes to scholarships. i had a 94 average going into first year and they only gave me 1000. you should apply to outside scholarships. you'll get more money which you can put towards tuition. 3000 is actually like a ton when it comes to u of t. lol. york on the other hand will prolly give you 10 grand or something like that.

Guest Spencer

Hey AKangaroo,

I agree with the above posters...UofT is extremely stingy on awarding scholarships to exceptional students. The only significant scholarships they give out to undergrads would be their National Scholarships which have already been released. Other major awards come along with UofT competitions such as the da Vinci physics and engineering competitions or the National Biology competition. The amount that you have received is already a lot compared to some of my friends! I have friends with 97+ and 99+ whom got $5000 and $7000 respectively. I would call them just to check whether the scholarship offers are final...but I wouldn't expect a positive answer

UWO probably has already offered you their $10000 scholarship for your 95.0+ average ($2500 each year). It's a good offer and provided you keep up the marks it's renewable. York would probably give you $16000 ($4000 per year for a 90.0%+)

As for the big scholarships that are not affiliated with any universities like CMSF, Canada Millennium Scholarships, TD Canada Trust Community Leadership etc. etc. all had their application deadlines back in October...pretty much all the good scholarships have already been given out!

Best of luck!

Spencer

Archived