Premed 101 Forums

Applying with Two Degrees: How does U of T calculate GPA?

Hi,

Though I'm not the official source of information, I don't recall there being anything on this board or on the school website that says that U of T takes the most recent undergrduate degree.

As a result, perhaps all of your courses would be considered with the weighting formula applied if you have taken a full courseload each year. So, for example, if you have eight completed years, you would be able to drop your seven lowest full year course equivalents.

Ask if you have any questions.

Hi scrubbed,

Thanks for your help. I did my first degree part time and my second degree full time. The only thing is, because I already have a degree, I am able to complete the new degree in only two years. I can't seem to find out any information on the U of T website, and I have emailed admissions a few times already. The deadline is fast approaching and I need to know whether to shell out that $75!

hi, i called in yesterday and they said they look at both degrees combined with maximum of 4 full year courses dropped.

although i'm not really sure about your case since your first degree was part-time. since they don't look at your part time years, they might end up not looking at your 1st degree at all.

hi, i called in yesterday and they said they look at both degrees combined with maximum of 4 full year courses dropped.

although i'm not really sure about your case since your first degree was part-time. since they don't look at your part time years, they might end up not looking at your 1st degree at all.

Your part-time studies are included in your GPA, it just makes you ineligible for the weighting formula.

Archived