Premed 101 Forums

What if a grade changes on my transcript?

mac_attack

I'm in the process of reviewing an exam for a course that I took because my mark calculations don't add up. Judging by the mark i was gven I would have had to have gotten a low 60% on the exam which I'm certain didn't happen.

Anyway, if my grade is incorrect and the faculty/registrar change it will this have any affect on my application since it most likely won't occur for another 2 weeks???

Hey,

It depends on what the mark was previously and the mark you are awarded afterwards. If your mark prior to the review was a B and the mark after the review was an A, then it would make one helluva difference! I'd notify OMSAS and order a new transcript right away if that were the case. Otherwise, if your mark goes from a 61 to a 62, I wouldn't really bother.

The bottom line is that if it changes your letter grade/OMSAS scoring level then I'd get it changed "officially", but if not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hey,

It depends on what the mark was previously and the mark you are awarded afterwards. If your mark prior to the review was a B and the mark after the review was an A, then it would make one helluva difference! I'd notify OMSAS and order a new transcript right away if that were the case. Otherwise, if your mark goes from a 61 to a 62, I wouldn't really bother.

The bottom line is that if it changes your letter grade/OMSAS scoring level then I'd get it changed "officially", but if not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well ya I'm definitely going to report something that benefits me. I'm just asking because on OMSAS it says that transcripts are due on October 2nd. So if my mark changes after that will Medical Schools even care??

Archived