Premed 101 Forums

Program quotas now available

Hi there,

Now that I have a little post-exam freedom, I just discovered that CaRMS updated their website today with some residency program quota numbers. If CaRMS applies to you this year you might want to have a wee squinty at their site.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Laval and Montreal neurosurgery. They were not supposed to take any residents in 2007, but things could be different than originally planned (back to 4 residents a year in QC). I think the new info could be legitimate, since other programs not taking any residents this year seem to be off the list, from what I've gathered. I'll try to ask some faculty members here.

YAYYY ! This is fantastic :D. While this doesn't automatically mean that 4 spots will be available in 2008, it definitely shows that things can change anytime (a R3 told me that a few weeks ago, but I didn't really believe it). Great news nonetheless ! *moonwalks his way out*

And why is CARMS evil ?

Hey again,

Last year, part-way through the CaRMS process, a number of new spots opened up in a number of different specialties including some competitive ones, e.g., Plastics. Almost anything can happen and the numbers now are not necessarily the ones that will need filling come March 2007.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

YAYYY ! This is fantastic :D. While this doesn't automatically mean that 4 spots will be available in 2008, it definitely shows that things can change anytime (a R3 told me that a few weeks ago, but I didn't really believe it). Great news nonetheless ! *moonwalks his way out*

And why is CARMS evil ?

Aiming for Neurosurg Blake ?

As for CaRMS, it's evil, truly. You'll see when you get there. The amount of paperwork required is beyond belief. And i certainly wonder if they'll read it all, especially when they have so many applicants in FM - and we end up all having similar files...bleh.

CY

Aiming for Neurosurg Blake ?

As for CaRMS, it's evil, truly. You'll see when you get there. The amount of paperwork required is beyond belief. And i certainly wonder if they'll read it all, especially when they have so many applicants in FM - and we end up all having similar files...bleh.

CY

You haven't noticed my NS interest ? Haha, that's alright. Hmm, I hate paperwork, and this sounds like a real hassle. Good luck with your application.

• 2 weeks later...

So Blake - Found out more info about NS

Apparently, the province of Quebec was offered four spots in Neurosurg, and was flirting w/ the idea, but finally decided to stay at two spots (and thus use the other two spots offered in another specialty). So finally, the program director here says that after much consideration and hesitation, there will only be two spots in NS, just like the previous years, this yr being at Sherb and McGill.

CY

Archived