Premed 101 Forums

The Movement Of Truth!!!

Kiel

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks :) I am now trying to be optimistic without being unrealistic, I am not going to study for rewrite till i got the rejection letters in hand ( or am waitlisted) ;)

That's my plan too-no sense in psyching ourselves out b/f the interview.

I was ecstatic with my score but only b/c I thought that I had completely bombed.....

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...:D

Considering I cried my eyes out after the MCAT, I'm happy with my score! I thought I bombed the essays b/c I didn't have any real examples but I ended up getting an R!!! I didn't even finish them! 32R, but i'm totally fine with that! i didn't think i'd even be anywhere close to the cutoffs for queens or western, 10, 11, 11, R....

Congrats to all others!!!

Hey everyone,

Well, I think it's safe to say that everyone is happy to get closure. It was my first time writing the MCAT and I must say I'm dissappointed with my scores. I took the Kaplan class, which was great, but I dropped in VR compared to my practices. I got

9 VR

12 BS

12 PS

Q WS

That's 33Q, which is 90th percentile, yet still not enough for Queen's or Western (most likely!!). I had been getting 35's in practices (with 10-11 in VR, but I got a philosophical passage which I bombed, so I guess this was unlucky for me). However, I try and console myself by the fact that I'm a francophone from Quebec and that I was sort of disadvantaged with the language barrier. That is life... atleast I got high enough for McGill!! Good luck to all and enjoy tonight, as the MCAT sagga is finally over... for this year!

Ciao

Kenneth,

way to go boss! you smashed the MCAT. thats awesome. i'm sincerely happy for you. hope you get some interviews too man.

best of luck for the future-- yo, contact Kaplan now maybe, if you wanta teach. they'll prolly give you beaucoup bucks if you want, for physical sciences in especial. :D

the nail in the coffin!

PS: i dont have the guts to check my score yet

39Q, P14/V12/B13

Used Kaplan Comphrehensive Review book and AAMC Practice Exams. That's it.

I'm pretty happy (except wish that WS was a bit higher)....hope I get some interviews!

Great job everyone! It's finally over! Time to party!

Man you're the King!

That is awesome!

I baught the kaplan book too ..hope it brings me luck.

any advice for the ppl writing it for the first time next year? how did you study for it (if it not a vague question) ... I tend to memorize stuff, I guess its not a good approach...:rolleyes:

Hey all,

Second time writing. i got 37R (PS:13, VR:11, WS:R, BS:13). I studied mostly Kaplan materials, all AAMC exams and EC 101 VR passages (a must have!). I felt good coming out of the test and am quite pleased with the mark.

To people out there planning to write the mcat sometime soon I'll give my two cents. So much of the test is overcoming the mental game and being calm enough to perform on test day. Cramming more information into your head in the week before the test is not the way to go. It is a test of CRITICAL THINKING, so being able to adapt and synthesize information on test day is of utmost important. Don't stretch yourself too thin and try to 'peak' on test day. Memorization beyond the point of knowing fundamentals is not advantageous. Think critically and clearly. And don't forget to have fun in between studying and maintain your humanity throughout.

So, hopefully yo'll got the results you wanted. If not, it's just a silly test...write it again if you have the drive.

Congrats to the dude who got 39...insane mark. If your gpa is anywhere within a long stone's throw of that score i'm sure you'll get interviews.

Peace out.

I got 42S!!!!!!

15VR-14PS-13BS

I did kaplan, but I never expected anything like this! I came out of the verbal section thinking it was a million times harder than anything Kaplan had ever thrown at me, but apparently the wonders of scaled score is that that was, I suppose, a good thing!

My progression on the practice exams was 30-33-36-37, but I figured it was just kaplan being easy...

Good luck to all aplicants!

:( I did not see my score yet, it said in web site that is not available, I call them they told me I have to wait mabye until sunday, Do you think that low scores release late and high marks release soon, or just there was a problem

thanks

I highly doubt that's why your score wasn't released yet I know of plenty of bad scores. Don't stress about it (ya' right). Good luck-I'm sure it'll be ok!

Good job Edge...you got almost double the mean.

I got a 39 S...which seems sorta dwarfed by yours.

12 VR 13 BS 14 PS

I'm ridiculously happy with the score, because i busted my hand the day before the exam...and i only slept about 15 minutes that night...and for some reason i kept having to pee, i think i went twice during VR and once during PS and BS

I think being braindead tuned me into some alternate way of thinking..because i specifically remember getting lost on my way back from the bathroom, and it taking me 5minutes to realize i'm on the wrong floor.

God bless multiple choice

Yeah i didn't do any prep courses....just the gold standard book, AAMC exams and the Examcrackers 101

Wow! Congratulations to all those with crazy scores!

...and I guess to those of us with not-so-crazy scores who nevertheless tried and got a feel for the mcat:D

I got pretty much what I was expecting (31Q: VR 8, PS 10, BS 13). Don't like the VR score but that's what I was getting on practice tests as well. I started really practicing for VR only a few weeks before the mcat so I don't think that was enough practice, but I've heard VR tends to be a bit resistant to improvement even with more practice. I *think* I'm going to re-write...I had been planning on re-writing even before I wrote the mcat so it's not a big disappointment...but dammit, I'm not going to let it ruin my next summer!!

A few hrs of MCAT study time every weekend has got to do it:cool:

Ok. That's what it says on Thx:

(btw does anybody think that the name of this system odd? Like. thanks, you gave me a crappy score.)

The August 2006 scores will be loaded shortly -- probably about midnight Eastern. Thank you for your patience.

Where did you see this on Thx? Was this after you logged in? Cuz I still don't have my scores... and mine says:

The August 2006 scores have been loaded. If you took the exam and do not see your scores below, please contact us using the "Report a problem" link below.

MCAT Scores

You have no scores yet.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Alan

Have you hit the Report a Problem link yet? It seems that might be the thing to do. Hope it works out ok!

I just did... I think I might try to phone them, I really hope they didn't lose my score or something :( :( :( Thanks for the help.

29R, 10,10,9. I'm not really happy with my score. Should i retake it or is this a decent score?

Hi LOSAR,

If you applied this year, then I would wait and see what happens - ie. you might get in - it's an okay score.

If you did not apply this year and you are hoping to get into Queen's/Western, then I would re-write it (probably the sooner the better so that you remember what you studied for last time). If you don't care so much about Queen's/Western and want to get into other schools, then you're probably fine.

Wow! Congratulations to all those with crazy scores!

...and I guess to those of us with not-so-crazy scores who nevertheless tried and got a feel for the mcat:D

I got pretty much what I was expecting (31Q: VR 8, PS 10, BS 13). Don't like the VR score but that's what I was getting on practice tests as well. I started really practicing for VR only a few weeks before the mcat so I don't think that was enough practice, but I've heard VR tends to be a bit resistant to improvement even with more practice. I *think* I'm going to re-write...I had been planning on re-writing even before I wrote the mcat so it's not a big disappointment...but dammit, I'm not going to let it ruin my next summer!!

A few hrs of MCAT study time every weekend has got to do it:cool:

Verbal is definitely the toughest section to improve on. I think what really helped me are the handful of arts courses I've taken, and reading in general. Maybe instead of diving right into practice exams, try just reading something that you're really interested in, but thats slightly more advanced than you're used to.

Archived