Premed 101 Forums

additional education data

its divided into phys sci, hummanities, life science etc.

did you guys just give them a 'sample' from your courses? or did you actually divide every course from your transcript? i'm running out of room in life sci section...i'm wondering if they want course names or codes. i was planning on names..codes will be meaningless to them.

I put down every course on my schedule and then when I ran out of room under the one section (similar to what you're describing) I just drew an arrow and relabelled the "other" section and continued to list courses.

I put my University's code and the official course title too.

its divided into phys sci, hummanities, life science etc.

did you guys just give them a 'sample' from your courses? or did you actually divide every course from your transcript? i'm running out of room in life sci section...i'm wondering if they want course names or codes. i was planning on names..codes will be meaningless to them.

I put all my courses in. I also ran out of room in the Science section...I drew a line under the courses for the adjacent section and drew an arrow indicating that I would be using the lines on the adjacent section for my science courses and continued there (I hope that makes sense). It wasn't a problem. I also abbreviated as much as I could.

pretty sure organic is life science,...

my physical science and math sections are weak to quite weak lol

apparently dal considers psychology a science, like at uoft. so my life sciences is huge...but to make everything fit, i might slide all my psychs under other courses, wiht an arrow from life sci.

Could anyone share how they classified organic chemistry. Did you put it in the physical science or life science category?

Organic chem was physical science at UofT so I put it under physical science on my application...I didn't really think about the possibility that it could be a life science course lol.

Lol, can you imagine the committee meeting "So yes, we are all in agreeance to accept Ma.....wait a minute!!! She put Organic Chemistry as a Life Science?????? We can't possibly accept her to our medical school!!" *Sound of the "reject" stamp slamming down onto Madz's application* :)

LOL!!! NO! I don't want to imagine that lol :P Luckily that didn't happen :)

Hey,

I ran into a similar problem with 5 years of courses. Mine was waited pretty socially sciency so any psyc course that wasn't strictly social science- ie relationship psychology then i spread the courses out to make it seem more well balanced- cause biology of comportment is definately not social science...

Good luck and happy application,

Scooter

I have taken 26 classes that are classified as physical sciences (if you count organic chemistry). I only listed 9 of them (one on each line)..do you think I should try and squeeze all of them in? It'll be pretty tight since a lot of the courses have long names (like Quantum Mechanics and Molecular Simulation).

Is this section a huge deal to begin with? It only goes to the registrar's office, not the admissions office (they're going to get my transcript anyways).

Archived