Premed 101 Forums

not all eligible maritime applicants going to be interviewed..

"Due to the increasing number of applications we will be unable to offer all eligible maritime applicants an interview and therefore shortlisting as per the above criteria will be applied this application year."

Wow I just read this on the website, I wonder why they didn't just up the cutoffs a little, if they are really going to evaluate each persons application (essays, lor, grades, supplemental form) before interviews it seems like it would be just as much work as interviewing all eligible maritimers. Are they still only going to be using the last 2 fulltime years for grades. ANyways just putting it out there for other people who may not have noticed,( its way at the bottom of the page) and to see if any of the mods had further information about the new pre interview evaluation.

So now I have a few more things to worry about lol, I don't get to find out if I am a maritimer till they meet in Nov (Im married ito a maritimer, and have been here 5 years but 3 were in school), and now I am not a guaranteed an interview even if i am Oi....:)

Hey,

I wouldn't worry about it too much! Last year instead of just doing the random assessment they grab the "obvious acceptance and rejection applicants".... This just means they will probably take out a few of hte "left fielders... ie super low grades, and low mcat, and no volunteering, and no undergrad,and/or referees all saying "good god don't ever let this person be a doctor they are a socio-path"...:P I'm sure they get a couple like that every year:eek:

Just remember, most likely you are competitive- they are not dwindling down the applicants to 110 interviews for 80 spaces- they'll still be interviewing a ton of people- still probably 2 to 3 per spot- just not 5 or 6 per spot.

Good luck and happy Halloween,

Scooter

Ps If you do get in, first thing you should do is learn Latin - it would really have helped in the first section which is anatomy :P

• 2 months later...

Archived