Premed 101 Forums

Ask A Med Student Reps

A big hello to all the applicants this year from your Dalhousie Ask A Med Student reps, Matt and Janka. We have just finished our first exam (Human Body Unit) and now we are buckling down to plan the interview weekend...We have some great ideas to make your interview day fun and memorable and hopefully relaxing and informative. I know that applications are due today and nobody will know if they have been granted an interview for awhile, but we will be checking this board regularly from here on in to answer any questions you guys and gals may have. So feel free to fire away and if we will do our best to answer.

Good luck to everyone!

Matt and Janka

Hey Matt and Janka,

Congrats on your first exam! I just have a quick question about interviews: do re-applicants to Dal who have previously interviewed get paired with a different interviewer the next time 'round, or is it all random? I'm just wondering what my chances are of being interviewed by the same professor (though I suppose I am presumptuous to assume that I will even get selected for interview again this year).

-Lady

Hi Lady, like what JewelLeigh said, the process as far as I know is completely random, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that you have the same interviewer, but it is very unlikely. Don't worry though, even if you did get the same interviewers, I'm sure they wouldn't hold anything against you, it would be a fresh start. Just as an aside, did you have a different screen name last year?

Matt

Archived