Premed 101 Forums

Self study, NO PREREQS

Hello Everyone,

I just finished my degree in Nursing with a GPA 3.8. I will be starting as an RN in ICU in January and I want to start preparing for the MCAT in the new year as well. My question involves what would be the best preparation for the MCAT for someone like me. My original plan, was to teach the mcat material to myself through review books/textbooks, possibly take a review course in May and write the mcat in July/August. Anyone with past experience through this route or comments on this being a successful option??? I am definetly determined and able to follow a schedule so I think this route is feasible, but I am unsure if I will get as much out of this versus doing the pre requisite classes. I am planning on applying to schools without pre reqs like U of C, so the pre reqs arent neccessarily needed. Any thoughts on this would be grealty appreciated. I am also wondering if I should return to school in the winter part time, and take bio/chem/physics. I am hoping not to do this option, but I am unsure if it might be the best.

Thanks,

Melissa

Archived