Premed 101 Forums

Proof of Citizenship

UofTstudentX

one is sufficient (i called McGill) and send them to 'admissions.med@mcgill.ca'-- its all under "submission" ay McGills website.

i sent my birth certificate since i was afriad there would be bit of glare from a passport laminate. and the birth certificate is like really plain.

i dont know why i'm saying all this.... its freakin 11:00pm on submission day. it might even be over:rolleyes:

hey everyone,

if mcgill is givnig you trouble with Minerva not showing up the data that should, dont fret.

i also applied to dentistry (fat chance) and i had canada post send my auto letter so that a signature was required upon arrival. i checked canadapost.ca and made sure that my auto letter was received early, and a signature was received, so i was glad that i made the deadline. and then i saved the page for proof, in case something went mental....

guess when McGill posted it as "received"?

Nov 20th. ya, past the deadline, and later than when they actually received it. again, i had proof that they had received it, but this just shows that they mark "received" as when they check it off, and update your profile. i know applications are a big deal and its hard to not feel queezy, but be patient, and good things will happen. success everyone!!

Does everyone have all of their references in? 2 out of 3 still aren't in yet.

I hope they didn't lose them. If they did, they better tell me soon so I can get my referees to do them again. Soon.

Also, I wrote MCAT twice, and the date in the MCAT slot was 2005, my first try! I emailed admissions, asking them whether they got both set of scores, but they still haven't replied.

Does everyone have all of their references in? 2 out of 3 still aren't in yet.

I hope they didn't lose them. If they did, they better tell me soon so I can get my referees to do them again. Soon.

Also, I wrote MCAT twice, and the date in the MCAT slot was 2005, my first try! I emailed admissions, asking them whether they got both set of scores, but they still haven't replied.

hey i have the same problem. my august 2005 score shows up as received thtere. rather than august 2006.

but when i check my THX, BOTH scores were definately sent. let me know what htey say!

hey uofthopeful and daryn,

what i would do is go to the Thx system, and save a score report. it comes out as a nice officially document that you can save, and it has all your id and any info that McGill would need. along with scores, naturally.

then, once you have that saved, send it to mcgill admish with a header in the proper format, and in the body of the text, explain your situation. then i guess you could ask for a reply please or follow with a phone call. thats all i can think of. hopefully everything is just taking time and nothing is amiss. ;)

PS: if i misunderstood your circumstances, its cuz i'm a bonehead

Mine also has the test date as August 1 - 2005 even though I wrote again in 2006, so I think it's just what pops up in that section when they input the scores. If you guys look down at the section labelled Test Scores Received, then I have both sets of MCAT marks as received (even though they're labelled as August 1, 2005 and August 1, 2006).

Also, in response to Daryn, all of my references have been received, so I would check with both McGill and your references and get them to re-send if necessary.

Archived