Premed 101 Forums

How many school should you apply to?

JOy

I am planning on applying to every school that I meet the qualifications for after third year. If I don't get in I will find out why I was rejected, try my best to fix it, and apply again to those school plus all of the ones I wasn't previously qualified for.

I really don't think that there is a disadvantage to applying to too many schools, in the long run if you are serious about becomming a doctor the little extra dough it costs to apply to a few more school is meaningless.

Best of luck!

UBCGuy

I really don't think that there is a disadvantage to applying to too many schools, in the long run if you are serious about becomming a doctor the little extra dough it costs to apply to a few more school is meaningless.

UBCGuy

Exactly. Medical school admission in Canada is almost like a lottery, the more places you apply to, the greater your odds are of being accepted somewhere. However, make sure that you spend sufficient time on every application you submit (most schools have different questions and essay topics to answer) to maximize your chances at each school.

Archived