Premed 101 Forums

Do we have to tell OMSAS if we change our couses this semester?

I have changed a few courses this semester. Do I need to e-mail OMSAS and let them know the changes? I am in third year and am taking 6 courses this semester to make up for four credit hour courses that only counted as one OMSAS credit so I want to be sure they have the right info.

Hey,

I don't think that it is imperative that OMSAS knows your each and every move so long as there isn't a gross change in your overall courseload- it'd be one thing to be substituting a course or two but still carrying 5 courses this semester and another to drop all but 1 course when OMSAS (along with the other medical schools you've applied to) thinks that you have 5 courses.

Everything will be reflected in the final transcripts that you end up submitting to the medical school that you're accepted to in the end anyway, and I don't really see the difference between whether or not your final degree is a B.Sc. in Microbiology as opposed to Biology or Microbiology and Biology, so long as you end up with a degree (or not, depending on which school you've been accepted to).

• 3 weeks later...

As said above,won't hurt to tell just in case.

I switched one course personally and I went to inform Ottawa u, they said that as long that I'm still full time and I meet the prerequisites, it doesn't matter.

So staying full time is the most important part I guess.

Maybe it was a different circumstance but Ottawa (and about 8 or 9 schools in total) said that switching from full time to part time for the semester wasn't a problem (I'm in my 4th year) except for potential weighting issues later on at schools like Toronto.

Archived