Premed 101 Forums

Withdrawing application

Jade

Does anyone know if your chances for future admission are affected if you withdraw your application after the preliminary or secondary application in American medical schools? Do they keep track of all applicants every year and compare them in future years?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if your chances for future admission are affected if you withdraw your application after the preliminary or secondary application in American medical schools? Do they keep track of all applicants every year and compare them in future years?

Thanks.

I understand after preliminary (saving money)...but why would you withdraw after secondary?

i know that for all schools, if you designate the school and pay the corresponding processing fee to AMCAS, it means that you've applied to that school. therefore,

1) on the AMCAS application the following year, you're going to have to check the box that says that you have previously applied to the school

2) it'll affect your future application to schools that don't take third-time reapplicants to that particular school (such as Einstein)

3) you might have to answer extra essay questions on the supplementary forms for future applications to that school

but whether you withdraw before the secondary or after, it doesn't make a difference except for how much money you've already put in.

hope this helps!

Thanks.

I know some keep track of past applicants. I remember one application asked if the applicant has applied in previous years because apparently they kept the reference letters on file or something along those lines.......

I know some keep track of past applicants. I remember one application asked if the applicant has applied in previous years because apparently they kept the reference letters on file or something along those lines.......

I will also like to add that there is a stigma for re-applicants...Better improve your application before you apply again.

Archived