Premed 101 Forums

US/Cdn addmissions

UBCstu

Hi everybody!

Since many times US schools give offers of admission before Cdn schools (may 15), is it possible for you to accept the US offer and then decline if you get a Cdn offer without any serios consequenses? DO lose something like a small deposit.....? Also, is it possible that if you accept a US offer, that Cdn schools will no longer consider you for admissions? Thanks.

Hi everybody!

Since many times US schools give offers of admission before Cdn schools (may 15), is it possible for you to accept the US offer and then decline if you get a Cdn offer without any serios consequenses? DO lose something like a small deposit.....? Also, is it possible that if you accept a US offer, that Cdn schools will no longer consider you for admissions? Thanks.

You can hold multiple US offers till May 15th. Afterwards you have to choose one (you allowed to be on multiple waitlists however). You only lose the small deposit (in some schools it's refundable) which usually is between 50 to 100 bucks.

Canadian and US med schools dont talk with each other. So after (I think its June 1st) you find out from Canadian schools, you can drop your American acceptance without any consequences.

I second what sonyvaio said.

I declined my offer to a US school in mid-late June when I was FINALLY (!) accepted at a Canadian school. I lost my $100 deposit since I withdrew after May 15th. However, the residence coordinator lady seemed kinda pissed at me withdrawing so late (classes were meant to start in late July/early Aug) lol.

Archived