Premed 101 Forums

flights and interview day

hi there,

i was wondering if after our interview, is there anything else planned for the day? are there any sorts of tours, presentations etc. scheduled?

i'm just wondering if i'll be okay taking a 6:00 p.m. flight or if i should take a later 8:00 p.m. flight. (my interview is in the early afternoon, but i have no idea how long it takes to get to the airport etc.)

thanks guys :)

Hi there,

Another option, if you're paying for flights and flying Air Canada, is to buy a Latitude fare. It permits flight changes, stand-bys, etc., all with no fees. Additionally, if you need to cancel a flight, you receive a full refund, not some credit that you have to use within a year and with a penalty of $130. Also, Air Canada also offers multiple trips daily (both direct and with stopovers) to/from Halifax (I just booked one the other day) so there's decent flexibility re: flight times. (I booked a schwack of these types of fares for the CaRMS tour and am very pleased I did so as I've already had to change my itinerary and re-book two flights--sans frais. :))

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi guys, in response to uofthopeful, on interview day there will be a tour at 1pm for the morning interviewees, and a tour at 4 for the afternoon interviewees. Then around 5:30-6ish we (Med1 class) will host a potluck dinner for you guys in our med lounge and you can just chill out and enjoy some great food and company. After that, we are heading downtown for a bit of a pubcrawl (still in preparation) in celebration of your interviews being over (and my birthday!). Then you can crash for the night and head home on Sunday or whenever.......

Matt

Dalhousie Ask-A-Med-Student Rep

Archived