Premed 101 Forums

Maritime Interviews

I found it ok. It wasn't 'conversational' as I have heard dal interviews described before, they were reading a list of questions, and there was pretty much no discussion or elaboration on my answers. The med student kept a stone face while the doctor was really friendly, smiled etc. It was kind of like good cop/bad cop lol since the medical student also ended up asking the tougher questions. As for my performance, I can think of at least two answers that were weak to quite weak, and others that I am really happy with. Overall it was a good learning experience, I am trying not to think about it too much now because the longer I think about it the worse I feel I did. At the end of the day, there is always next year!

The medical students in the waiting room were very nice (Thanks guys and gals) and chatting with someone really helped to keep the nerves and tension from building just before the interview.

I think it went well - but you never know. Both the resident & doctor were very friendly and the questions were good and there were a few laughs. It was very comfortable. At the end we chatted about visisting Halifax. I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly they were.

AdCom - I think first week of Feb. Sharon Graham say they cover about 20 applications each meeting.

Archived