Premed 101 Forums

CNFS-Anyone ever rejected

Hi I am applying under the CNFS. I didn't write the MCAT, my cGPA was 3.84, I have about 50 hours of volunteering mainly with children, some community involvement through Strata Council and setting up a child play group in my neighborhood, I run and was a dancer before and have 2 research papers out and one in review. I think that covers me. Now I was curious what you think of my chances and also wanted to know if anyone on here ever got rejected through this program and why. I have family in Ottawa and would love to move back.

Thanks

Claudine

Hi I am applying under the CNFS. I didn't write the MCAT, my cGPA was 3.84, I have about 50 hours of volunteering mainly with children, some community involvement through Strata Council and setting up a child play group in my neighborhood, I run and was a dancer before and have 2 research papers out and one in review. I think that covers me. Now I was curious what you think of my chances and also wanted to know if anyone on here ever got rejected through this program and why. I have family in Ottawa and would love to move back.

Thanks

Claudine

This probably isn't the answer that you wanted to hear but it's hard to judge your chances from just stats. There have been people with 4.0's rejected and people with lower GPA's than yours accepted (to med school in general).

Good luck!

Archived