Premed 101 Forums

Video: UOttawa Interview Promo

Wow, seems like the environment in O-town is awesome. Video definately made me much more interested in the program. Does anyone happen to know if you have to speak French fluently to go? (I could look it up but would rather not).

McGill: http://media2.campus.mcgill.ca/misc/medrecenglish.wmv

If anyone has any others that would be much appreciated...

Wow, seems like the environment in O-town is awesome. Video definately made me much more interested in the program. Does anyone happen to know if you have to speak French fluently to go? (I could look it up but would rather not).

McGill: http://media2.campus.mcgill.ca/misc/medrecenglish.wmv

If anyone has any others that would be much appreciated...

We have a french stream and an english stream - both of which are different application pools. If you're applying to the english stream you don't have to speak a word of french :D

We have a french stream and an english stream - both of which are different application pools. If you're applying to the english stream you don't have to speak a word of french :D

Good to hear. I have been learning French since grade 4 and can get by on the street in a bind, but wouldn't be able hold my own in the classroom.

Nice, keep us upto date with any other videos from any other schools!

btw, lot of the people in the ottawa vid appear older?

The best video I've seen was done by queens a few years ago called "the applicant" I came across it while searching randomly through their website several months ago... don't know if it's still there somewhere. but it was HILLARIOUS!!

EDIT: I found it... http://meds.queensu.ca/meds2007/meds2008.htm

Yeah, the emails are extremely annoying. We are given them when we matriculate and you cannot change them.

An explanation of the code 3fgi7 would be as follows:

"fgi" would be the initals of the person, the 3 represents the year of matriculation which would be 2003 (ie. a person with an email of 2dg would have matriculated in 2002), and the 7 represents that the person is the 7th person to receive a code starting with 3fgi.

It is quite embarrasing trying to relay that email over the phone to some official at another university or when applying for a job but apparently they are in the process of changing them...finally.

**and just to keep the thread on topic, I am loving the videos. It reminds me of being in my final year of high school and watching all the frosh week welcome videos from the different universities.

the link is to a website that has a link to the video on it (in case you're trying to click on the link above and use save to disk). The video is hillarious! you have to watch it! (sad that the guy who made it will graduate this year, would be cool to meet him)

Archived