Premed 101 Forums

UofT Faculty of Medicine Open House 2007

Date: Saturday March 3, 2007

Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm

Place: UofT Medical Sciences Building (1 King’s College Circle)

Schedule of Events

9:30 am - Free breakfast

10:00 am - Medical School Admission Talk

11:00 am - Student Panel Discussion

11:30 am - KeyNote Speaker – Dr. David Malkin

12:30 pm - Lunch (Pizza in support of Sickkids) & Faculty of Medicine program booths

1:30pm - Anatomy Museum Tours, Casting, Suturing, and Vitals Workshop

rapoune

Why do they do this after interviews are already going on? Is this meant for non-applicants?

This open house is an annual event. It is meant to show what does UofT Medicine has to offer. It will also give you a general idea about the medical program and the admission requirements (i.e. MCAT, GPA, etc). It’s not meant to give you tips about the interview! So, I don’t think by attending this event you will get any advantage for your interview over those who did not attend. Plus, if you got invited for an interview, you should already know a lot about UofT medical program by checking UofT medicine website.

Kuantum

Free breakfast AND lunch....so that's how UofT is wooing everyone to their school

Just to clarify, I mentioned FREE breakfast, but NOT free lunch. Actually, all the money from lunch will go to the sickkids hospital.

hopingforluck

Besides the cost for lunch which is going to Sick Kids...are there any other costs? Like for registration?

I don't think there will be other costs for the open house. The only reason why they are selling pizza for lunch is that the cafeteria at the Medical Sciences Building (MSB) is not open in the weekend. So, they thought it would be convenient for people attending the open house to buy the lunch from the MSB instead of going somewhere else. In addition, they will be raising some money to the Hospital of Sick Kids

Date: Saturday March 3, 2007

Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm

Place: UofT Medical Sciences Building (1 King’s College Circle)

Schedule of Events

9:30 am - Free breakfast

10:00 am - Medical School Admission Talk

11:00 am - Student Panel Discussion

11:30 am - KeyNote Speaker – Dr. David Malkin

12:30 pm - Lunch (Pizza in support of Sickkids) & Faculty of Medicine program booths

1:30pm - Anatomy Museum Tours, Casting, Suturing, and Vitals Workshop

Do we have to register for this? And if so, how?

Thanks!

Archived