Premed 101 Forums

Timeline

eise

For someone who has never applied to an American school, when is the latest I should expect to hear something bad or good? Should I assume if I have not been invited for an interview yet that I have been rejected or do they sometimes take this long to review files? I guess I am just wondering if for American schools, no news is good news or bad news.....Thanks.

*hayley.

For someone who has never applied to an American school, when is the latest I should expect to hear something bad or good? Should I assume if I have not been invited for an interview yet that I have been rejected or do they sometimes take this long to review files? I guess I am just wondering if for American schools, no news is good news or bad news.....Thanks.

*hayley.

I know ppl who have gotten interviews in march/april. But its definitely a good idea of starting to think of plan B. Most schools are arranging for March interviews this month already (some schools like NYU and non-rollings have stopped interviewing)...but I say a month and a bit remaining (month of march for april interviews). Definitely send in your update letters if you havent done so already.

umm...this is probably a really stupid question but please excuse a newbie american applicant: update letters?

Also, if the school has a status page that says I am still being reviewed, can I call and ask them my current status or is that not standard practice?

Thanks for your help!

p.s. these schools are my Plan B (although way too good for me to get into) so I'm not holding my breath....

umm...this is probably a really stupid question but please excuse a newbie american applicant: update letters?

Also, if the school has a status page that says I am still being reviewed, can I call and ask them my current status or is that not standard practice?

Thanks for your help!

p.s. these schools are my Plan B (although way too good for me to get into) so I'm not holding my breath....

update letter is a letter telling them what you have been up to since june (or when you submitted your primary/secondary). Eg, your fall marks, volunteer experiences. You can also include your continued interest of going to that school. Some ppl even send another LOR. All this is done to get yourself to the top of the "potential interview" pile.

I would definitely call and check up on your applications.

Curious which schools are you waiting for? and how are the interviews in Canada coming?

update letter is a letter telling them what you have been up to since june (or when you submitted your primary/secondary). Eg, your fall marks, volunteer experiences. You can also include your continued interest of going to that school. Some ppl even send another LOR. All this is done to get yourself to the top of the "potential interview" pile.

I would definitely call and check up on your applications.

Curious which schools are you waiting for? and how are the interviews in Canada coming?

Alright, thanks. I will call on Monday. I am waiting to hear from Northwestern and UPenn which I believe are both out of my league. I currently have 3 Ontario interviews so hopefully one of them will pan out...

*hayley.

Archived