Premed 101 Forums

Is talking a lot good in an interview?

med84

i have a problem going off on tangents and also a lot of 'uhs' in between sentences. I've been told to try to list them in 3's. So "firstly...", "second" and "finally" and that does seem to help. I don't seem to have this problem when the interview is 'discussion-like' but when I'm asked a question directly for some reason I seem to get really nervous ... possibly because I can 'hear' myself talk. any advice?

I think I am like that too! Judging by interviewers cutting me off midway through my response...

i have a problem going off on tangents and also a lot of 'uhs' in between sentences. I've been told to try to list them in 3's. So "firstly...", "second" and "finally" and that does seem to help. I don't seem to have this problem when the interview is 'discussion-like' but when I'm asked a question directly for some reason I seem to get really nervous ... possibly because I can 'hear' myself talk. any advice?

Hehe, my entire last interview consisted of a little voice in my head telling me to "shut-up!" over and over again.....at least the interviewers didn't tell me to.:o

Archived