Premed 101 Forums

Request for Graduate student information?

I just got an email from Ottawa asking me to advance in the Graduate Review Process although I got rejected based on my detailed sketch assessment last week. They say they will review the documents the week of February 26th and a decision will be sent by email shortly after. So for some of us there is still hope!

Anyone else in the same situation and do you know how many Graduate students they are reviewing and will be interviewing?

but bwbl, did you just get asked to submit a package or were you one of the original ~30 asked? Has anyone else been rejected then been asked recently to submit a grad package?

Yes, I received the same e-mail as well. I was rejected at first, but now they're asking for a Grad Package.

Good luck!

I was one of the original ~30, I guess. I got the e-mail a while back and my

"number" is 17E - I guess that means I'm the 17th person they have invited to send a grad pack in the English stream.

They basically told me that I didn't pass the undergrad cut-off for OOP applicants to Ottawa,but that my autobiographical sketch, as well as my grad GPA passed the review process.

In any case, I guess at this point, it doesn't matter when you received the e-mail from Ottawa. We are all in the same small applicant pool.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let those who sent in graduate review package know that I just received an invitation for interview (Mar 29th) by email. I sent the package for the February 16th deadline. I suspect that those who were rejected initially but asked to send in the package by a later deadline will have to wait till next week (likely Friday, March 2) to receive the email.

Good luck to those who are waiting.

Hi Everyone,

I also prepared and submitted a Graduate Package for the February 16th deadline but have yet to hear anything back from Admissions. Are there any others out there still waiting as well? I'm starting to think about contacting the office, but I plan to remain patient and wait the week out.

Thoughts? Advice?

Hi Everyone,

I also prepared and submitted a Graduate Package for the February 16th deadline but have yet to hear anything back from Admissions. Are there any others out there still waiting as well? I'm starting to think about contacting the office, but I plan to remain patient and wait the week out.

Thoughts? Advice?

Hi Maddy.

Since it's been more than 2 weeks since you submitted your package and they said that a decision will be made "shortly afterwards", I think it would be justified for you to contact them about your status now. If you are not comfortalbe with calling the office, you can email them. They're generally very good with returning emails promptly, although they may be pretty busy presently with many inquiries.

Hi Maddy,

I am in a similar position. I also submitted my grad package on Feb 16 and still haven't heard anything from admissions. I was thinking about waiting until mid-week before contacting them.

Has any grad student who submitted a grad package to ottawa received a rejection yet?? I'm just wondering if no news is bad news.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. It is comforting to know there are others in the same position. At least we know it could be up until the end of next week for a response.

I submitted a grad package last year and heard back the Monday directly after the review week with a rejection. So, I'll take not hearing back immediately following the review week as a good sign and keep my fingers crossed for an interview!!! Good luck to all....

Archived